At AKQA we help our clients shape better futures through brands, products, services, and new business models that drive growth. Strategists at AKQA bridge business and growth strategy, and innovation and design strategy, helping global clients bring new offerings and ventures to market.
In this role, you will advise and guide our clients to improve and transform their businesses through human-centric innovation processes, commercial modelling, value proposition and concept development, and growth strategy consulting.
Located in Copenhagen, you will have unique access to a wide network of specialists collaborating across our global studios. You will work in an international and progressive environment which fosters a meritocratic and equal culture, encourages ownership, and supports your growth into leadership. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
We’re looking for a curious and highly ambitious senior strategy consultant to join our Copenhagen office. The role requires you to be both business literate and passionate about how shifts in human culture and technology transform markets. You will help progressive global businesses drive growth and invent better futures through brands, products, services, and new business models.
Working with strategy directors, we expect you to be comfortable with day-to-day project leadership responsibilities and owning your own project workstreams from framing and research to opportunity definition, through to translation of strategic recommendations into clear value propositions and direction for innovation and product-service development.
For our client engagements, we’re looking for someone who can help global clients frame and think about their most pressing business challenges with clarity; someone who can prioritise options for the most transformative path forward in situations of uncertainty; someone who can lead teams with confidence to deliver impact and advise clients to exceptional outcomes.
As you grow in the role, we expect you to develop your own subject-matter expertise which you actively identify and nurture opportunities to transfer knowledge about – both to AKQA and client teams. As we grow together, we expect you to help expand the AKQA strategy knowledge base by documenting learnings from client engagements and experiences to codify and strengthen our own value proposition.
- You are deeply business literate, with a good understanding of product and service innovation strategy processes and frameworks
- You have experience working on strategy and innovation projects either on agency/consultancy side or in a client organisation
- You have excellent people skills, and a proven track-record of managing teams and clients confidently in situations of ambiguity
- You are an analytical and structured thinker who is fluent in delivering crisp recommendations and strategic guidance to clients
- Your natural approach is to be helpful, empathetic, and accommodating, open and collaborative, also when under pressure.
- Structured problem-solving process with an ability to draw on a broad range of strategic tools, models, and frameworks
- Exceptional analytic thinking and strategy skills in the context of front-end innovation, brand, and growth strategy
- Confident experience in structuring and facilitating senior level workshops, presentations, and co-creation processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that meet the standards of c-level stakeholders
- A good understanding of the tech landscape and an interest in the role technology plays in human culture today.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 4+ years of experience in a top-tier consultancy/ agency focused on at least two of the following areas: product-service innovation; communication and marketing; business and growth with 1+ years of experience in leading strategy projects for major clients
- Academic background in business, marketing, finance or social-science – or a demonstrated ability to use and apply principles from business strategy in innovation and design strategy processes
- A good understanding of the offering, activities, and key principles of other areas of expertise in AKQA, especially brand and communication, front-end innovation, digital product-service design
- A basic understanding of what it takes to define and launch a successful product across opportunity definition, value proposition, user experience, technology and organisation, business model and value-chain.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply