Johannesburg, South Africa
Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with account teams and creative & media implementation teams, they are the voice of both the client and the consumer.
Drawn from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, our Strategists develop and apply market insights, data and trends to communicate and drive innovation and unlock opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Senior Strategist to play a part in leading our talented integrated team.
Located in Johannesburg, South Africa, as part of the AKQA EMEA media team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, and service clients across the globe.
You will report to the Strategy Director, and collaborate on leading the team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the client’s audiences, objectives, and priorities, and lead the definition of solutions to meet these needs
- Form and clearly articulate a strategic opinion on client problems and opportunity spaces
- Work to align and integrate various channels, including web, email, social, campaign, etc.
- Articulate channel ecosystems, and digital customer journeys
- Ability to conduct both primary and secondary research, and adjust approach depending on resources
- Be proactive, provoke debate, and identify what the agenda for future discussion should be
- Lead our talented junior / mid-weight strategists, taking charge of major projects from brief to final delivery.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- You have an insatiable curiosity and are able to observe and identify patterns, trends and insights
- You are a lateral and creative thinker with the ability to make complex topics understandable
- You are passionate about collaboration, open-minded, and experienced in working with people from diverse cultures
- You have a sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.