Strategists at AKQA are the ultimate voice of customer culture for our clients. An eclectic bunch of provocative thinkers and innovative problem solvers. We partner in creating a better future, faster; for our clients across the entire brand experience.
The Senior Strategist is responsible for the strategic output for a portfolio of clients; positioning the value of Strategic Planning internally and to clients; and accountable for managing internal resources and strategic deliverables.
We expect you to be comfortable with day-to-day project leadership responsibilities and owning your own project workstreams from framing and research to opportunity definition, through to translation of strategic recommendations into clear value propositions and direction for innovation and product-service development.
You lead strategic thought on pitches, expected to anticipate, research and identify client opportunities, provide future thinking and a provocative POV whilst managing exciting and challenging day-to-day projects. Your thoughts & opinions will play a role in shaping the future.
- Keep abreast of cultural, creative and technological news and developments pertaining to clients/useful for the account team
- Have experience in developing cutting edge brand experience platforms
- Utilise experience to begin to develop macro perspectives of your own on consumer & brand issues, leading to 'thought pieces' for both internal (training/idea sharing) and external (publications, speeches, or new business thinking) use
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data, trends and insight, and how these may be utilised in order to improve clients' business results
- Manage those owning the data, ensuring that they feed the team, and the team discusses with the client
- Own the strategic debate on own brands, and be recognised as a key driver of this both internally and externally. Further, have proactive, provoking debate on own brands, and identify what the agenda for future discussion should be
- Have a comprehensive understanding of, and be able to hold discussions about business matters (organisational, strategic, financial, etc.) with senior clients
- Add new insight to profiles of clients’ audiences – digital behaviours and device ownership/usage as well as geodemogs, psychodemogs, etc.
- Lead debate with clients on effectiveness of new channels, and the right way to evaluate them. Create case studies and Effectiveness Award submissions on key projects worked on
- Have a point of view on the future of research, evaluation and effectiveness. Think of new research projects/methodologies/products AKQA can use to generate original insights for clients and for New Business purposes
- Assume responsibility for multi-market strategy deployment, and demonstrate sensitivity to local market culture and dynamics
- Take leadership of the majority of the planning side of the brief-writing and development process and be recognised as doing so by both client and senior creatives
- Be able to sensitively provide feedback to give clear direction, provide additional stimulus and thought starters. Work to keep the creative team motivated and excited about the creative opportunity
- Establish a close partnership with the Client Lead and Creative director on own accounts
- Continue to develop relationships with the most senior clients involved in the brand, and be recognised by the entire client team as the first point of contact for all day-to-day planning issues
- Assume responsibility for the majority of the planning input and marshalling the thinking on pitches, and be the planning representative for the agency in creds meetings
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to sport the kernel of an idea, experienced in judging the quality of ideas
- Extensive experience in strategic planning within a digital or integrated agency environment
- Experience building robust integrated comms plans
- A gifted factual storyteller with one foot in the now and one foot in the future
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and inspire people
- Broad knowledge of sector experience - Having experience of two or more industry sectors, with some multi-channel media experience
- Be willing to use your experience to sharpen and strengthen team skills
- Ensure work is to the highest possible standards at all times, and that client presentations are engaging and inspiring
- Develop a framework for approach including building out hypothesis, work streams and milestones
- Effectively interface with the Director of Strategy for approval and direction throughout the project lifecycle and to escalate points of concern
- An understanding of how business, brands, and consumers interact, and how technology is impacting their lives
- Passionate to work across the entire brand experience ecosystem, especially product and service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to interface with clients of a Head, Director, VP, and C-Suite seniority
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply