London, United Kingdom
Senior Technical Architect
As a Senior Technical architect you will be responsible for technical design excellence, facilitating good architectural decisions and their implementation, the Senior Technical Architect is a tech leader who is inspired by best practice, state-of-the-art techniques and technological innovation across enterprise and consumer applications. Ensuring teams deliver high quality and innovative solutions, leading the way in technology best practices and standards. You will be the driving force behind technical architecture, the Senior Technical Architect will inspire, teach, and coach others on the team through excellent communication skills. You will work closely with clients and product owners to validate their needs, understand their requirements, and ensure good collaboration across the team to deliver the most appropriate solution.
London (Farringdon) based whilst frequently collaborating with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, collaborating with some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of technology roadmaps with senior clients and development teams.
- Ability to analyse, appraise and recommend based upon the existing client technology landscape and business ambitions, including key technologies, providers and solutions.
- Ability to convey recommendations clearly via documentation, presentation and discussion.
- Experience and proven success from working with enterprise clients and their architectures.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with DevOps practices, including CI, CD, process and automation.
- Deep experience with architectures such as microservices, micro-frontends and enabling technologies such as Cloud infrastructure, Serverless, and Node applications.
- Knowledge of modern web-stacks and their applications in the real world, e.g. JAMStack.
- Architectural experience with eCommerce operations.
- Practices and patterns such as Clean Code, Domain Driven Design and enterprise integration.
- Experience with modern data architecture.
- Mentoring and coaching developers of all levels of experience.
- Experience with emerging technologies such as AI, ML, AR, and VR is a big plus.
- Enterprise integration patterns may be relevant.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Be a champion for product excellence.
- Extensive experience working as a Technical Architect.
- Experience working in a creative and/or agency environment is advantageous.
- Be a coach and motivator who can inspire colleagues and clients with best practices and state-of-the-art technique.
- Deep understanding of software and solutions architecture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be inspired by emerging technologies to apply relevant learnings to our business and that of our work for clients.
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection.
- A practically-minded thought leader whose first priority is delivering excellent work and rich customer experience.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.