Senior UI Designer
AKQA’s UI Designers are endlessly curious professionals, and are up to date with the new trends, technologies and tools to develop the best digital experiences across the widest markets. We strongly believe in the ‘design thinking’ approach to develop valuable experiences that improve people’s lives and clients' business results.
User Interface Designers at AKQA apply their micro/macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with creative teams to design and deliver seamless experiences. They can sketch out any idea quickly, articulate them in a simple and clear way, and apply UI/UX best practices and principles, to bring the latest design and executional thinking to our projects and clients. Relentless attention to detail is required to create wireframes and functional specifications at a fast pace for highly complex solutions.
From our location in the heart of Egypt, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership. As part of the Dubai team, you’ll be liaising with bright minds across EMEA.
- Experience in digital design to large CX websites as well as commerce solutions.
- A candidate with both a great understanding for graphical design as well as more conceptual creativity, with a design background, respecting the UX and what impact every small bit of design has on the overall experience.
- A great team player experienced in working with agile teams. An ability to collaborate closely with other creatives, developers and copywriters.
- Translating concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Use design, mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, style guides and user flows to effectively communicate ideas to colleagues, clients and other project stakeholders.
- Ability to take design decisions based on an either an overall design roadmap or based on your own experience design justification.
- Execute on all phases of the design process from wireframing concepts / mocks to final hand-off to programmers
- Conduct industry and competitive research on UI best practices and solutions to UI challenges
- Translate wireframes into high-quality user interface designs using industry best practices
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to resolve user experience problems and friction points
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience leading or managing the design of complex systems across multiple touchpoints.
- Previous solid experience in responsive web design & web development technologies and understanding of the capabilities of web browsers across multiple platforms.
- Proficiency in building cross-browser and cross-device responsive interfaces.
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and a solid understanding of all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, usability testing and accessibility concerns etc.
- Experience with testing tools such as User Testing.
- Mastery with design & prototype tool such as Figma.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Basic Motion Graphic skill is a plus.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply