Senior UI Designer
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will play an essential role in conception and design; bringing exceptional creative thinking and craft to deliver digital experiences that delight clients and users.
As part of the AKQA team in Tokyo, you will work in a dynamic, globally-minded environment surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. Together you will create world-class experiences for both Japanese and overseas markets.
- Demonstrate world-class execution of innovative and effective digital communication design, interface design, and interaction design across all digital platforms.
- Consistently deliver systematic, responsive design solutions through an agile methodology.
- Apply your skills in pitches to bring ideas to life, inspiring and exciting potential clients.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
- Ideate, co-design and refine with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of design and technical developments. Advocate for and apply best practices to keep our team at the forefront of the industry.
- Keep on top of current and upcoming cultural trends — both in Japan and globally.
- Lead and inspire, sharing your knowledge with peers and mentoring mid/junior designers.
EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Outstanding typography and layout skills; demonstrating range and subtlety.
- Sensitivity to colour, shadows, motion and details that others may not consciously notice.
- Exceptional design aesthetics with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- Experience in creating and presenting concepts through mood boards and prototypes.
- Experience in taking designs from low-fidelity wireframes to polished digital products.
- Experience in atomic design principles and building design systems that scale.
- Understanding of usability and accessibility best practices.
- Understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web and app development.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills, with the ability to present logically, objectively and inspiringly.
- Native or fluent Japanese reading and speaking ability is essential.
- Intermediate or higher English ability is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a global team, with an open mind to fresh perspectives.
- Strong experience in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools.
- Proven experience working in a Senior Design role (agency or client-side).
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, or other design-related field is preferred.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply