San Francisco, United States
Senior User Experience Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
User Experience Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
The Senior User Experience Designer is a knowledge seeker, a consumer champion and a strategist. Taking a hands-on ownership across client projects, the Senior User Experience Designer leads larger-scale user experience activities.
- 6+ years of UX design experience at an interactive agency or digital design studio working on projects for global brands
- A strong, polished portfolio of business case studies that demonstrate strategic, conceptual, creative thinking, and excellent storytelling skills across numerous beautifully designed examples
- Previous spatial design and UX experience developing concepts for experiential and/or retail projects
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles and best practices
- A history of creating customer experiences for AR and/or VR
- The ability to utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans experience, product and service design
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions - in a digital as well as physical space
- A passion for developing simple and elegant design solutions that solve complex design problems and a point of view on how to achieve this
- An exceptionally articulate, humble yet confidant, progressive, modern thinker with an innate curiosity about human behavior, and an empathic, collaborative, highly intelligent approach to work
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- An affinity for emerging technologies such as Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
* Please note, to be considered for this role, candidates must have a portfolio of recent examples they are allowed to share.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.