San Francisco, United States
Senior User Experience Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The Senior User Experience Designer at AKQA will apply their micro / macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams daily and work in partnership with the S.F. Strategy team. The Sr. UX Designer will be counted on to sketch out any idea quickly and articulate them in a simple and clear way. Conducting user research and synthesizing it into artifacts like personas is part of their role as well as shaping the information architecture of products with sitemaps, user scenarios and user flows. Relentless attention to detail is required to create wireframes and functional specifications at a fast pace for highly complex solutions. Creating complex interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity is also part of the role.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing product, service and web design, as well as strong storytelling skills
- The ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Work with team members to develop streamlined UX processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A solid understanding of design thinking principals and demonstration of user-centered design theory
- Previous experience working within a global design studio or advertising agency creating the the UX for websites and mobile applications
- Excellent taste, love of design and a true passion for the craft of UX
- Ability to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- A thoughtful, intelligent, nature, that listens and works well with others
- Collaborative, empathic, to assist other User Experience Designers in the pursuit of innovation within the User Experience team
- Able to foster progressive and limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply