London, United Kingdom
Senior User Experience Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA live at the intersection of strategy, creativity and research to design meaningful, user-centric experiences that meet the needs of brands and their audiences. Combining empathy, communication skills and systems thinking they work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for any space, channel or device.
Senior User Experience Designers will lead small to medium-scale projects or work in to a UX Director on larger, more complex projects. They will be responsible for their own work, while providing oversight and guidance to more junior team members. They help to define the strategy, objectives and KPIs of each project and will use their core UCD and UX skills to create innovate, impactful solutions. They will be an integral member of the team, driving the vision, design and delivery of great work.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brief interpretation - able to interpret a brief, identify knowledge gaps and validate the objectives and KPIs
- Planning – help define and scope the correct tasks and deliverables for a project. Contribute to the overall account strategy and relationship
- Process – understand, apply and advocate user-centred design techniques and processes, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution
- Understanding – know how to interpret the insights gained from existing and new research, and know how to apply these to a project
- Research – plan, set up, and run user testing and research, then report back insights and recommendations
- Design – craft clear presentations and UX deliverables that ultimately help create award-winning experiences
- Software and tools – confident knowing the right tools to use for each job, and how to use them
- Client – help create and deliver impactful client presentations
- Management - provide informal support, guidance and mentoring to junior members of the User Experience team
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience leading UX from the start to the end of a project
- Experience defining design systems and solving for multiple platforms
- Experience using UCD and service design processes and techniques
- Collaborative and pragmatic approach to work
- Confident explaining designs and solutions to the wider team
- A natural problem solver – asking the right questions to get to the answer
- Able to think strategically, creatively and conceptually
- An eye for detail and strong design skills
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices
- Able to deliver work to the highest possible standards at all times - on time and within budget
- Able to clearly and articulately communicate ideas
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and leadership skills
- Be responsible for your ongoing learning, research and self-improvement
- Great understanding of different digital platforms, technologies and content management systems
- Expert in industry standard design tools – Sketch, Figma, Flinto etc.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc. is preferred
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply