Senior User Experience Designer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Experience Designers at AKQA apply empathy, systems thinking, and craftsmanship to strategic insights — designing groundbreaking solutions to human problems. Adept storytellers and fearless innovators, they create interactive experiences, products and services that move the world.
Our Senior Experience Designers are endlessly curious, and obsessed with consumer behaviour and psychology but armed with a product mindset. They demonstrate passion, empathy, excellent listening skills, intelligence and are the human-centric glue that binds together business strategy, creative, and technology into a harmonious collaboration, working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver positive impact for brands, people and their environment.
AKQA Paris, located in the neighbourhood of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, in central Paris, you’ll have the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities, with access to our network of specialists in our twelve European studios. You will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- A minimum five years’ experience designing stand-out digital products and services from strategy to concept to delivery
- A compelling portfolio of outstanding work across different platforms that has created a real-world impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior business stakeholders to understand UX/UI/CX strategy and making decisions that strengthen their business
- Has defined, facilitated, and overseen design processes across different streams of work, from research and workshops to handover and user stories
- Mastery with design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, etc
- Experienced working alongside designers and developers in complex, ecosystems, ideally in Agile processes, with a product & MVP mindset
- Leading one or more multi-disciplinary teams to ensure product vision and strategy is developed into a continuously improving, world-class outcome
- Excellent ownership of developing services, experiences, products and platforms to their full lifecycle potential.
- Understanding and executing core CX deliverables from user research to strategy to design (user research, personas, user journeys, ecosystem maps, prototypes, service blueprints)
- Able to develop solutions for a wide variety of touchpoints, platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, social, physical, etc.
- Promotes collaborative work practices with teams and clients, and identifies opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the Experience Design team and ensure the team has a high level of morale
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English with a strong command of the language
- You have an insatiable curiosity and are able to observe and identify patterns, trends and insights, bringing a strong point of view to any project you work on
- You are a hands-on creator of prototypes and/or visually impactful strategic deliverables
- You have a compelling portfolio of unique work that spans touchpoints
- You embrace challenges, and new ways of thinking
- You enjoy getting into the nitty-gritty of a problem and have a sharp eye for detail.
- You are a lateral and creative thinker with the ability to understand and make complex topics understandable
- You are obsessed with your field, up to date with new techniques and trends in UX/UI, tech, and business
- You’re comfortable confidently presenting your point of view or your work
- You have a “can-do” attitude and approach to collaboration and leadership, embracing challenges and inspiring new ways of thinking
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply