New York, United States
Senior UX Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
At AKQA, Senior User Experience Designers apply micro/macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams daily. They can sketch out any idea quickly and articulate them in a simple and clear way. Conducting user research and synthesizing it into artifacts like personas is part of their role as well as shaping the information architecture of products with sitemaps, user scenarios and user flows.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Works with team members to develop streamlined user experience processes
- Sets up and conducts user research and works with research partners to conduct research and usability testing needs for AKQA clients
- Identifies design problems and opportunities within the context
- Designs within an established set of rules (patterns and guidelines)
- Maintains and organizes working files
- Translates complex technical requirements into intuitive design solutions
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Actively educates internal groups about user experience and provides a significant contribution to the development of client relationships
- Creates complex interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and a solid understanding of all relevant methodologies such as: persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, wireframes, usability testing, etc.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience leading or managing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces
- Mastery with wireframing software such as Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator
- Mastery with prototyping software such as InVision or Framer
- Portfolio examples of enterprise applications is a plus
- Experience on e-commerce platform is a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply