New York, United States
Senior UX Designer
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled at storytelling and generating ideas, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The User Experience Designer at AKQA will apply their micro/macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams daily. They can sketch out any idea quickly and articulate them in a simple and clear way, taking insights and research provided by Strategy and turning it into actionable information architecture, sitemaps, journeys, product flows. Relentless attention to detail is required to create wireframes and functional specifications at a fast pace for highly complex solutions across a variety of platforms. Creating complex interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity is also part of the role.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this at our new offices at One World Trade Center in lower Manhattan, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results.
We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Work with team members to develop streamlined user experience processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Takes personal responsibility for on-time deliverables
- Actively educates internal groups about user experience and provides a significant contribution to the development of client relationships
- Be an advocate on behalf of “user experience” within the agency at large
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A portfolio of work demonstrating work experience designing complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in experience and interaction design, and a thorough understanding of existing interaction design patterns across web, mobile, and other digital platforms
- Proficiency in user-centric design processes and designing for user needs based on research, and able to demonstrate hands-on work taking user needs and translating them into an experience through a combination of techniques including: journey mapping, service blueprinting, content strategy, wireframing, and prototyping
- Proficiency with design software such as Sketch, Figma, and Illustrator
- Proficiency with prototyping software such as Invision, Figma, Protopie, Principle, Framer, or similar
- Proficiency with User testing and understanding research and strategic data.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply