Senior Web Developer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
We are looking for an established practitioner of the latest web technologies; building best in class applications, serving users on the modern web landscape, whatever that may be.
Collaborating in a team of highly skilled people, each with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery; you will need to communicate your ideas to your colleagues effectively, and articulate them to other internal stakeholders.
Collaborating and delivering on the promises of heavily experiential UI designs, often attempting what has not been attempted before; delivering the future of digital engagements with today’s technologies.
You will thrive when faced with new challenges and constantly seek to improve client deliverables and team learning.
- Work hands-on with the development of a range of solutions including website, web apps, CI pipelines, micro services
- Inspire others to form an exemplary technical team.
- Work closely with others departments to ensure good collaboration across all disciplines and to facilitate the solving of day-to-day challenges.
- Champion effective technical decision-making for clients by understanding their business goals and objectives
- Minimise technical risk and ensure a high-quality output.
- Manage mid level and junior profile
- Define FE technical architectures
- Participate in Pitches
- Provide technical answers to solve client problems
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- 5 years of experience in Node.js / React.js / Vue.js environments and 7 years of development on large or complex code bases
- Highly comfortable with the SPA / SSR / Jamstack concepts
- Mastery of advanced animations techniques (CSS, SVG, springs, canvas...)
- Committed to performance, code quality, good practice and delivering high end products
- Proficient with the GIT and its related tooling (branching flow, CLI commands etc.)
- Interest in mentoring of the developers (presentations, code-review, pair-programming etc.)
- Knowledge of design tools such as Sketch or Figma
- Experience with design systems and its tooling (StoryBook)
- Development of 3D experiences (ThreeJS, Unity, Blender etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure) and devops tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI, CD and / or Unit Testing would also be beneficial
- Familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Open minded and collaborative attitude
- A strong problem solver
- thorough understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies
- Exceptional organizational skills and methodical approach
- Comfortable with the trade-offs of using different engineering solutions to a problem, favoring pragmatism over idealism
- Curious and passionate, you stay ahead of the latest innovations
- Rigorous and autonomous, you learn quickly and you have a sense of priorities.
- Sociable and good communicator, you like to share ideas. You thrive on challenge and challenge other developers.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply