Senior Web Developer, Freelance
We exist in a digital age with platforms, apps, websites and technical solutions touching consumers’ lives every day. At AKQA, we conceive, plan, build and manage award winning technical solutions for brands and clients. It’s not enough to just program or execute, our technical team have a thirst for user experience and technical innovation.
Web Developers at AKQA are responsible for developing and architecting digital solutions. They work closely with the technology, creative and accounts team to execute customer centric solution. Dynamic and curious individuals are required who love challenge and are passionate about programming.
From our location in Cairo, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership. As part of the technology team, you’ll be liaising with bright minds across MENA region.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- Build web projects based on content management systems
- Optimize application for maximum performance and scalability
- Implement solutions with high security standards
- Implement testing methodologies
- Support and troubleshoot issues
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A relevant degree (BS/MS) or comparable years of experience
- 5+ years of work experience as a back end developer and in MVC frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in building websites with Drupal CMS
- Profound understanding of PHP Object Oriented / modular programming
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of JS frameworks (AngularJS, Vue.js, React, or similar)
- Experience with RESTful webservices
- Experience with Storybook and Tome module is a plus
- Confident in development, debugging, and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
This is a freelance opportunity for 3-6 months.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply