Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
At AKQA Media we imaginatively apply art and science to create transformative experiences, accelerate growth and future-proof organisations. AKQA Media design every touchpoint along the customer journey with unmatched native ability to define, find, connect, and inspire audiences across all brand interactions.
Playing a pivotal role within our growing owned practice, the SEO Lead (also known as the Owned Media Lead) will execute digital strategies to grow our clients’ businesses. The ideal candidate should be passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing and search engine landscape and have a finger on the changes that can help drive client success. You will lead a diverse team of experts that continually push boundaries and challenge the status quo.
At AKQA Sydney, you'll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Retain & grow the owned media client base
- Drive the highest standards of work to meet and exceed client objectives
- Alongside the strategy function, lead development of owned media inputs across content, conversion rate, SEO and User Experience
- Act as a trusted advisor for clients, advising on new product updates, best practice and setting benchmarks
- Support the new business and client service functions to identify and close media opportunities
- Train and mentor the owned media team in all areas of digital media planning and buying
- Oversee the development of owned media team members, including personal development plans, certifications and onboarding of new staff
- Ensure AKQA’s owned media offering is at the cutting edge
- Find, review, apply and implement appropriate technologies, tools and processes to ensure the team can perform effectively and efficiently
- Drive collaboration with other business units including data, creative, engineering, optimisation and experience to enhance the owned media offering
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Growth and innovation mindset
- Strong leadership experience
- Experience leading client strategy with proven success
- Personalisation experience will be looked upon favourably
- Strong technical SEO skills, plus experience in delivering content marketing strategies
- Proficient in Google Analytics and experienced extracting meaningful insights from various datasets
- Experience improving the user experience of a website, driving a better conversion rate, and running A/B tests
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply