The AKQA Technology team continually push boundaries with their enablement of brand experiences. Combining a technology agnostic approach and a philosophy of continuous improvement, they craft innovative and high quality solutions which play a vital role in the digital eco-systems of our world-class clients.
Sitecore developers are a vital member of our scrum team and be responsible for delivering world-class digital experiences for blue chip clients with Sitecore, Microsoft SQL Server, and pure agile delivery methodology. Self-starters, driven by quality and attention to detail, and quickly able to assess and understand the impact of code changes across much larger, wider systems.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
Please note this role will involve the candidate spending the majority of their time in Milton Keynes as part of a project team.
- Develop world-class commerce solutions on Sitecore and the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to .NET applications, SQL databases, Web API, and a range of integrated systems.
- Operate in an iterative/agile methodology as needed or requested.
- Contribute to the .NET discipline growth within the business.
- Implement high-quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions.
- Have experience in software engineering, including ASP.NET/MVC and C#.
- Have a deep understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, databases, etc.
- Have a deep understanding of modern patterns and practices: unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC, continuous integration, etc.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Have strong commercial experience as a Sitecore developer and excellent fundamental development skills, particularly with a focus on MVC and service-oriented architectures (particularly Web API).
- Have a good understanding of and experience with the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, and the cloud, to name a few.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern patterns and practices: control, repository, MVC, etc.
- Strong analytical problem solving and production diagnostic skills, with the ability to think outside of the box
- Familiarity with agile development
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with front-end technologies is ideal, but not essential.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.