We exist in a digital age with platforms, apps, websites and technical solutions touching consumers’ lives every day. At AKQA, we conceive, plan, build and manage award winning technical solutions for brands and clients. It’s not enough to just program or execute, our technical team have a thirst for user experience and technical innovation.
As a Sitecore developer, you’ll be a vital member of our scrum team and be responsible for delivering world-class digital experiences for blue chip clients with Sitecore, Microsoft SQL Server, and pure agile delivery methodology. You will be a self-starter, be driven by quality and attention to detail, and quickly be able to assess and understand the impact of code changes you make across much larger, wider systems
As part of AKQA, you’ll be based in our Cairo office and work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields across UAE and Denmark team. You’ll also have an opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Develop world-class solutions on Sitecore.
- Preferably experience with commerce solutions.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to .NET applications, SQL databases, Web API, and a range of integrated systems.
- Operate in an iterative/agile methodology as needed or requested.
- Contribute to the .NET discipline growth within the business.
- Implement high-quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Plan and execute testing across multiple platforms and solutions.
- Have experience in software engineering, including ASP.NET/MVC and C#.
- Have an understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, databases, etc.
- Have an understanding of modern patterns and practices: unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC, continuous integration, etc.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A relevant degree (BS/MS) or comparable years of experience
- 2+ years of work experience as a Sitecore backend developer and in MVC frameworks
- Experience in building eCommerce solutions is a plus
- Experience in building headless CMS solutions is a plus
- Experience with RESTful WebServices
- Confident in development, debugging, and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.