Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand
Sitecore Technical Lead
AKQA has a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and takes pride in our track record of helping clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data-exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a Technical Lead with extensive Sitecore experience, you will guide the implementation of high-quality digital platforms based on the .NET / Microsoft umbrella of technologies. You’ll manage a team of software developers, ensuring all deliverables meet or exceed project goals. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you’ll have the opportunity to research, plan and build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
Located in Auckland, as part of AKQA, you’ll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Technical delivery across the entire SDLC
- Champion the .Net & Sitecore product suites (including their new generation of products) within the organisation
- Bring up new services and features from scratch— through all stages, from architecture to deployment
- Drive, own, operate, and maintain your team’s services-and-feature-sets in production
- Collaborate with designers, architects, producers, BAs and project managers to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features and services
- Contribute to the future technical direction of your team’s services-and-feature-sets
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced, professional, software-engineering environment
- Champion continuous improvement and best-in-class software engineering processes.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Expertise developing highly maintainable Sitecore platforms across XP, Commerce, SXA and XConnect.
- Knowledge of the new suite of Sitecore products like XM Cloud, Sitecore CDP, OrderCloud etc, is highly desirable.
- Software engineering expertise including ASP.NET, MVC, Sitecore, Commerce Server, Selenium, JMeter, Nuget, EF, enterprise search frameworks, Powershell, OOP, React, NextJS, SMACSS and SASS.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, CI/CD, and databases, etc
- Knowledge of containers, Docker and running Kubernetes In Azure (AKS) Is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern patterns and practices
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud and On-Premise hosting topologies such as Azure and AWS
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Excellent dev-ops skills and experience in the architecture of market-leading solutions
- Proven experience leading and inspiring teams to succeed
- An entrepreneurial, analytical and positive mindset
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply