At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Social Media team is at the forefront of our mission; bringing creative concepts to life through tailor-made strategies and thumb-stopping content that stands out within the Social sphere. By staying on top of the global industry, platform updates and audience trends they lead the agency in building and implementing effective social media campaigns for our clients.
As a Social Manager, you are the brand guardian on social media. You will be leading on the strategic direction of our brands with the support of the Creative and Client Servicing teams, while managing your own team to not only deliver their day-to-day work at the highest standard in a timely and efficient manner, but also mentoring and guiding them on their career paths to social excellence. Our Social Managers are strategic, inspiring leaders, growth minded and excellent communicators. They are always thinking one step ahead and strive to deliver work that stands out beyond the ordinary.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Dubai Media City, you will work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we’re committed to your career growth, as well as your work/life balance.
- Supervise and mentor a team of social/senior social executives and ensure their deliverables are met at the highest standard in a timely manner
- Lead the planning and creation of social media strategies that meet the brands' objectives including their full execution and channeling processes from ideation to implementation
- Maintain on-going communications with the wider agency and client teams to ensure the work is constantly in line with the brands' objectives and the AKQA standards and optimise processes upon need
- Analyse and assess the social content and strategy performance across the various channels and make recommendations accordingly
- Monitor social trends and competitors' performance and actively implement that knowledge to enhance the agency's social media offerings
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong social media experience with a proven track record of managing brands on various social channels
- Strong ability to inspire, mentor and lead a team to fulfill a vision
- Strategic thinking with the capability of translating creative concepts into actionable social media experiences
- Proactive, open-minded attitude and a drive to break boundaries and craft award-worthy campaigns
- Excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills and keen attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.