Social Media Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Together with our new acquisition, Switched On, we offer clients a 360-degree view of brand experience through a highly integrated approach to media and technology.
As part of our Switched On team, our Social Media Managers deliver successful social initiatives across our varied and growing client portfolio, working with a multidisciplinary team. They are equally at home inspiring their team to meet a deadline as they are finessing the content pillars of a strategy.
At AKQA Sydney, you'll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically-advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Ensure the delivery of social initiatives across your client portfolio to the highest level of quality
- Become a trusted social advisor for clients across new products, best practice and setting benchmarks and key metrics for success
- Update the Social Media Director on the health of clients and proactively look for opportunities for growth
- Support the new business and client services teams in selling social media services under the supervision of the Social Media Director
- Develop social strategies for clients including audience insights, channel plans and content frameworks
- Undertake implementation planning for clients including timeline development, team workflows and budgeting
- Develop distribution plans to seek out content based on response rates and audience platform behaviours
- Manage the development of Social Coordinators and Executives via regular one-on-ones personal development plans and appraisals
- Champion social media and best practice across the agency
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- 2-4 years' experience managing social channels for brands
- Proven experience writing copy, managing paid social and collaborating with creative teams to ensure work is optimised for social
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Superlative time management
- Able to hit the ground running, confident, proactive and adaptive
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.