Portland, United States
Social Media Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we create experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Ultimately responsible for the personification of the client brand in social, the Social Media Manager connects cultural and audience insights to meaningful content, ensuring it reaches the audience at the height of relevance to them. The Social Media Manager collaborates closely with brand strategy, creative and media teams, ensuring a seamless integration between the creative brief, the creative content and its publication across platforms. Motivated by cultivating and engaging communities, the Social Media Manager has an eye for creative content and an understanding for what resonates with diverse audiences in the social context.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills and is highly organized. You should be a ‘people person’ with excellent customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations within the social community.
- Development of actionable monthly creative briefs based on the established evergreen social strategy as well as shifting monthly client inputs and cultural moments
- Daily collaboration with the creative team, helping to inspire and drive creative work that delivers on the brief and resonates with audiences
- Development of monthly content calendars, ensuring alignment between content strategy, phasing and paid media strategy
- Scheduling and publication of content as well as application of paid media across brand social channels as guided by the monthly content calendar and paid media strategy
- Collaboration on development of community management processes and guidelines
- Response to comments and customer queries in a timely manner, as guided by established brand community management protocols and guidelines
- Staying up-to-date on cultural and technology trends
- Observation of audience conversation, sentiment as well as competitor activity to uncover trends and opportunities for conversation. Insights to be reflected in monthly social reporting and creative briefs
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 3-6 years of demonstrated work experience as a social media manager
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to integrate effectively with working teams as well as senior clients
- Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal teams and client audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Ability to assess creative ideas and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to identify and analyze relevant social and sentiment metrics
- Hands-on experience utilizing leading social media management tools
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply