Software Engineer - JAVA
AKQA Software Engineers are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve AKQA work. As a Software Engineer you will build innovative web sites, content management systems and services using web and industry best practices. You will create robust solutions that are easy to deploy and a delight to operate. You will trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest server-side technologies.
Who are we looking for :
Strong foundation in OOAD concepts like Interfaces, Abstract Classes, Loose Coupling and
● Good knowledge of software engineering best practices like readability, immutability,
commenting, exception handling and logging.
● Proficiency in working with Java 8 and above and their latest APIs. Java 8 exp is mandate
● Proficiency in key Java packages and APIs like Collections, Generics, Threads, Lambda
functions, streaming and concurrency, memory management and garbage collection.
● Understanding of web application concepts like HTTP(S) lifecycle, session, servlets, filters
and design patterns for web development.
● Experience in building Web Applications using a web development framework like Spring
MVC / Boot, and knowledge of templating systems like JSP, Thymeleaf etc.
● Knowledge of using a SQL or NoSQL database, the associated query language and use of
● Hands on working knowledge of GIT and Maven for code check-in, branching, code review
and build processes.
● Knowledge of the importance and approach to writing unit test cases using tools like JUnit.
● Experience in working with AEM is preferred (Good to have)
● Develop user stories as per the provided business requirements, NFRs and technical design.
● Implementing unit test cases using JUnit or similar framework.
● Document the solution and guidelines for using the created technical components.
● Create proof of concepts to demonstrate feasibility of proposed solution.
● Continuously discover, evaluate and learn new technologies to stay at the forefront of
● Work closely with other stakeholders in the team and clients to develop world class solutions.
Minimum Relevant Experience:
- 2 - 5 years of software development experience in Java
Academic Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelors of Engineering degree / Master of Computer Applications / M. Tech
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply