Atlanta, United States
Sr. Product Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Product Managers at AKQA provide cross functional leadership to ensure delivered work meets the needs of the client and their customers. This involves not only consuming the information and direction we receive, but looking beyond and demonstrating thought leadership and critical analysis to guide the team towards creating the best possible solution.
Based in Midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. We are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Collaborate with UX and Strategy leads to discern customer problems and pain points for a workflow, individual existing product, new product concept, or ecosystem or products.
- Lead process of identifying and clarifying product requirements for clients using interviews, workshops, and surveys across stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the following deliverables:
- Use Cases
- Business Requirements
- Functional Requirements
- Product Backlog
- Liaison between the business, creative and technology teams to ensure a common understanding of business requirements and solutions.
- Catalogue background knowledge and develop subject matter expertise to share with the internal team, resolve questions the team may have that impacts the direction of the work.
- Work side-by-side with our creative team to refine/clarify requirements as well as provide guidance on proposed solutions.
- Understand how proposed solutions may impact technical implementation and highlight potential challenges early so that dependencies may be resolved.
- Interface with internal and external development teams to ensure product vision is carried through to the final product.
- Generate and maintain a backlog of epics and user stories to support a development lifecycle.
- Ensure the accuracy of all project deliverables against approved requirements.
- Help establish scope of work and prioritize high-level requirements, working with Client, Project Manager, and Technical Architect.
- Develop a tactical product roadmap by conducting prioritization exercises.
- Provide recommendations on product direction based on expertise and analysis.
- Outline delivery needs based on requirements, product knowledge, and approved creative concepts.
- Assist in writing functional specifications defining the proposed creative solution.
- Participate in the communication of solutions to clients and third-party partners.
- Innovation – we elevate the spirit with pioneering ideas, new possibilities and the imaginative application of art and science to improve people’s lives and make a positive lasting impact.
- Service – we work with integrity, striving for better ways to deliver value and velocity at every connection. Through mutual respect for colleagues and clients, we nurture long-term relationships.
- Quality – we conscientiously adhere to the high professional standards and superior quality to create influential work that consistently surpasses audience, client and community expectations.
- Thought – we are a work in progress and continually seek opportunities to improve. We are continuously researching, listening, learning, adapting across all aspects of our organization and the work we do. We apply the most rigorous thinking process to recommend and deliver optimal solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years of experience preferably within a consulting or agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions.
- End to end project lifecycle experience across multiple digital platforms.
- Adaptable to a variety of workflows based on client and project needs, including waterfall and agile approaches.
- Effective communication skills at all levels, (presentation, written, verbal).
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with peers and external client staff, and the ability to achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Strong organization skills; responsive to colleagues for overall clarity and understanding.
- Passion for creating innovative solutions that help companies connect and engage with customers is essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to have an objective focused and positive approach and be comfortable working independently. Is self-motivated and self-driven.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply