New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The role of Strategy at AKQA is to bring focus to our team’s imagination. We gain insight into our clients’ ambition, their customers’ needs, and the competitive and cultural context in which they’re operating. We apply what we learn to frame the opportunity each project presents for us to strengthen customers’ engagement with and affinity for our clients’ brands. Whether it’s introducing a new business model, creating a brand campaign, or developing a digital product or service, the Strategy team conducts research, looks for insights in data, and develops clear and simple narratives that guide creative teams and clients alike.
Strategists at AKQA act as the day-to-day contributor for one or more projects. They help provide research and distill insights to find / frame opportunities to drive business value and build brand equity through CX, digital product/service, and brand strategy. They will be curious and open-minded, with will be successful working in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, and Moncler.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Develops an in-depth understanding of our client’s brand, business, and their customers through primary and secondary research
- Develops and synthesizes user research to map user journeys that inform / inspire the development of new customer experiences and interactions with a brand
- Develops CX strategies and creative briefs drawing on data-driven insights and cultural inspiration
- Fosters strong, collaborative relationships with team members from UX, creative, analytics, technology, client services, and project management
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3+ years related experience
- Proven critical thinker and problem solver above all else
- Prior experience with customer journey mapping, product / service strategy
- A record of successfully developing customer experience solutions that have demonstrated / driven value for clients’ businesses
- Ability to generate rich and actionable insights from multiple sources of data
- Knowledge in qual/quant research methodologies
- An interest in new forms of innovations (e.g. AI, machine learning, Internet of things, or IOt etc.) and in the telecommunications space (5G, etc.)
- A strong understanding of brand strategy
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve many jobs simultaneously, quickly, calmly, and efficiently
- Confidence in meeting with clients to discuss and recommend strategic solutions
- An informed and thoughtful POV
- Proactivity in tracking relevant trends in the marketplace
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply