Washington D.C., United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who want to investigate, understand and organize to create a better future. They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, find patterns and opportunities in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. In this role, the Strategy Director will lead strategic vision and iterative refinement for one of our entertainment clients. He or she will work closely with the client, the account leadership and an integrated project team to formulate and deliver smart, tailored, evidence-based insight and action-oriented perspectives to inspire our work together, from brand-storytelling to original campaign ideas.
- Ability to understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the sector in which it operates
- Understands how business, brands and customers interact, with a deep knowledge of the role that technology plays in this relationship
- Experience in insight and idea generation with examples of successful application of insights and ideas generated
- Ability to judge ideas for their distinctiveness, relevance and effectiveness, and to work with others to refine and improve the ideas
- Provide strategic direction on specific initiatives, identifying the key message or proposition and the best means to communicate or demonstrate this
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable content, function or tactics
- Clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Thoughtfully respond to client briefs, and create well-written and inspirational creative briefs
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Voracious absorber of culture and consumer trends
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with senior clients are essential
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects at any one time
- Experience managing, both people and workstreams
- A proven track record of experience in idea generation and refinement, with the results and impact to back it up
- Familiarity with the application and analysis of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, as well as comfortability establishing KPI’s and developing supporting measurement plans
- Six-to-eight years of experience in communications planning and/or brand strategy, with experience in a creative environment and entertainment industry preferred
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.