San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategist at AKQA understand how communications and culture, technology, and psychology, intersect in the mind of the consumer. As a Strategy Director at AKQA, you will bring your passion for big ideas, creative marketing, marcom, brand strategy and communications planning to an agency that is recognized worldwide for pioneering and influential work. You will collaborate closely with Design, Technology and Creative leaders to frame problems in unexpected ways and be relied upon for clarity, leadership, and perspective by both internal teams and clients.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
- At least 9 years of ad agency experience developing brand and MARCOM strategy for a range of industries (e.g. finance, retail, tech, etc.) across multiple channels
- Clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Fluency in a range of quantitative and qualitative consumer research methods (especially ethnography, co-creation, IDIs, focus groups, online communities)
- A proven track record creating and executing integrated strategies for global brands within an agency setting
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent critical thinking and a deep knowledge of problem-solving
- A passion for new technology and an insatiable need to understand how things work
- Ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness, as well as a solid understanding of analytics tools, research methodologies, CRM and enterprise-level marketing platforms
- A natural leader who can lead team members and clients in high-pressure environments
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply