At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with client service, UX, creative, and tech teams, they are the voice of both the client’s business and the consumer.
Drawn from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, our strategists develop and apply market insights, data and trends to communicate and drive innovation opportunities.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Director to lead our Amsterdam team. The team includes specialists in communications, creative, content, service, business, and experience strategy - and so an ideal candidate will have experience across a range of these disciplines.
As part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
You will report to the Managing Director, Amsterdam.
You will also benefit from leadership and support from the EMEA Executive Strategy Director, based in Copenhagen.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic direction on product, experience, and communications initiatives, identifying the key value proposition, consumer needs, and value to the business
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and collaborate with clients to bring them to life
- Scope programs of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Partner to develop new research/methodologies/products to generate original insights
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable experiences, products, and services
- Find insights through data to identify areas in business and society that need to be improved
- Lead the strategic offering across one or more key account programs
- Represent the strategy department on the Amsterdam leadership team
- Motivate and inspire a team of strategists, ranging from Associate Director to midweight level
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 10+ years of experience devoted to work across digital, creative, communications, marketing and/or innovation environments
- A passion for creativity, innovation, brand experiences, and business strategy
- An understanding of how business, brands, and consumers interact, and how technology is impacting their lives
- Familiarity with the design, application, and analysis of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to inspire and persuade senior clients
- Dutch language skills are not essential, but extremely helpful
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply