Atlanta, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategy Directors at AKQA see the world in a unique light and shape. Their endless curiosity fuels an unwavering desire get to the root of a challenge or uncover a latent opportunity. They champion the consumer, building empathy for our clients’ audiences and turning human understanding into actionable insights and impactful experiences that drive improved business outcomes.
Based in the center of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and have an objective-focused and positive approach
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to consistently drive improvements
- A passion for creativity, innovation and business strategy
- A drive towards high standards of excellence and integrity
- Proven track record in leading and growing strategic, creative, and technology-centered work
- Contribute to leadership teams across one or more key account programs
- Scope programs of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Position AKQA at the cutting edge of research and insight and partner closely with other departments (Analytics, Creative, etc.) to oversee the development and promotion of new research projects/methodologies/products AKQA can use to generate original insights for clients and for growth purposes
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and turn them into a strategic agenda for the client
- Proactively create and convert new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to understand and lead a cross-disciplinary team through the dynamics of a client’s business and the sector in which it operates
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with senior clients are essential
- Ability to drive the creative process in partnership with your creative piers: honing and crafting ideas and selling them in successfully to clients
- Ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness
- Familiarity with the design, application, and analysis of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Can provide strategic direction on product and experience initiatives, identifying the key value proposition, consumer needs, and value to the business
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding
- Product strategy and design thinking is a requirement, with a significant amount of this experience devoted to work in digital environments
- Understands how business, brands and customers interact, with deep knowledge of the role that technology plays in this relationship
- Experience in insight and idea generation, can judge ideas for their distinctiveness, relevance and effectiveness
- Ability to translate strategic recommendations into actionable experiences, products, and services
- Team player with leadership skills, able to manage people across multiple projects under pressure
- Organized, proactive, clear & concise communication style, simple language & high cultural awareness
- Track record of nurturing and mentoring junior team members
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply