At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we create stories and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA make our client’s business their business. Working with account teams and creative teams, they are the voice of both the client and the consumer, and their job rarely ends at strategy. Adept storytellers, strategists use their endless curiosity and up-to-date knowledge of technology, culture and societal trends to provide unique outlooks and solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Strategy Director for our Copenhagen team. The team includes specialists in communications, creative, content, service, business, and experience – and so an ideal candidate will have experience across a range of these disciplines.
You will report to the Managing Director, Denmark.
You will also benefit from leadership and support from the EMEA Executive Strategy Director, based in Copenhagen.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic direction on product, experience, and communications initiatives, identifying the key value proposition, consumer needs, and value to the business
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and collaborate with clients to bring them to life
- Scope programs of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Partner to develop new research/methodologies/products to generate original insights
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable experiences, products, and services
- Find insights through data to identify areas in business and society that need to be improved
- Lead the strategic offering across one or more key account programs
- Represent the strategy department on the Danish leadership team
- Motivate and inspire a team of strategists
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 10+ years of experience devoted to work across digital, creative, communications, marketing and/or innovation environments
- A passion for creativity, innovation and brand experiences
- An understanding of how business, brands, and consumers interact, and how technology is impacting their lives
- Familiarity with the design, application, and analysis of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to inspire and persuade senior clients
- An understanding of the Danish culture is essential
- Danish language skills are not required, but extremely helpful
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply