San Francisco, United States
Strategy Director, Digital
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district – epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry – AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As Strategy Director, you will help lead and consult with key clients on transformational marketing programs which create growth for their business. In this role, you will collaborate closely with Design, Technology and Creative leaders. You will be a trusted advisor to our most senior clients - working closely with them to develop their brand vision, platform, design and communications. Additionally, you will also be counted on to help lead a high-performing, cross-functional team of specialists across business, CX, data & insights, and Marcom strategy.
Strategy Directors at AKQA, have a minimum of 12 years of work experience.
- The ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and have an objective-focused and positive approach
- Proven background in brand positioning and strategy, channel planning, campaign strategy and social
- Fluent in a range of qualitative consumer research methods (especially ethnography, co-creation, IDIs, focus groups, online communities)
- Ability to design and execute custom quantitative research (especially segmentation, A&U studies & brand audits)
- Experience with user research methods (personas, customer journeys, UX, usability) and working with UX specialists is a strong plus
- A master of storytelling with the ability to generate insights that inspire great creative thinking
- Drawn to and thrive in a collaborative environment with a team of diverse backgrounds and expertise
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements
- A passion for innovation and business strategy
- A commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity
- Good business acumen and sound judgment
- Be entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach
- A strong personality, with a capable, commanding presence to present to C-level executive and a regular basis
- Business proficiency in English
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive experience in brand marketing and communication planning from working on staff in an ad agency, social agency, brand consultancy, and/or client-side environment
- Ability to lead communication strategy development internally, with clients, and partner agencies
- Proven brand strategy development across multiple channels and platforms
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.