London, United Kingdom
Strategy Director, Freelance
At AKQA, we blend the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination and deliver impressive returns for our clients.
Strategists at AKQA are the ultimate voice of customer culture for our clients. An eclectic bunch of provocative thinkers and innovative problem solvers. We partner in creating a better future, faster; for our clients across the entire brand experience.
The Strategy Director is the strategic lead on world leading clients and helps deliver real impact for them. You’ll have a firm grasp on what true insights are, how to find them and the change they can create.
A visionary thought leader you will a mentor to clients, colleagues and the wider AKQA community and network.
You will help grow our reputation as a strategic agency by acting as an ambassador and leader of strategic planning, both within and outside the agency.
- Contribute to leadership teams across one or more key account programmes.
- Be comfortable working across the entire brand experience ecosystem, especially product and service connections planning
- Scope programmes of work with clients, providing strategic direction and leadership.
- Build AKQA's reputation as an agency committed to effectiveness in all we do.
- Position AKQA at the cutting edge of research and insight. Partners closely with other departments (Analytics, CRD, etc.) to oversee the development and promotion of new research projects/methodologies/products AKQA can use to generate original insights for clients and for growth purposes.
- Promote best practice within AKQA by developing a simple set of processes for strategic development and the creation and implementation of a wide range of strategic tools that can be utilised across the agency.
- Responsible for multi-market strategy deployment and demonstrate sensitivity to local market culture and dynamics.
- Be able to write world class briefs that reframe the problem and inspire creatives to think in new and interesting ways.
- Oversee the creative process, working effectively with the Creative Director and Creative team to ensure that solutions are on-brief. Help drive the creative vision for AKQA's accounts.
- Identify key opportunities to drive client value and turn them into a strategic agenda for the client.
- Proactively create and convert new revenue opportunities with new and existing clients.
QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Customer experience planning background from creative / design agency but with strong evidence of digital capability.
- Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels.
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring a team and developing them to their full potential.
- Previous performance and interaction at equivalent to Brand Director / Marketing Director (ideally global) level.
- Deep understanding of consumers and their use of all media.
- Blue-chip client experience and professional delivery.
This is a freelance opportunity for 2-3months.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply