Washington D.C., United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who want to investigate, understand and organize to create a better future. They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, find patterns and insights in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. As a Strategy Intern at AKQA, you will approach the client challenge with a deep-rooted desire to know more and cultivate a deeper level of empathy for the situation. Take nothing for granted as you first help the team to understand the core problem, identify and extract guiding insights and inspire deliberate decisions from your peers.
Through our internship program, you will be an integrated part of the Strategy team and have the opportunity to join multidisciplinary project teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables that may include:
- Keeping a pulse on our clients’ consumers, industry, digital landscape, and cultural trends and disseminating information to your team in a clear and thoughtful manner
- Facilitating and observing a range of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives
- Extracting powerful insights from consumer, brand, and market research to support the creative brief and concepting process
- Drafting points-of-views in response to specific client or internal asks, or proactively surfacing a trend or insight you identify and articulating potential implications
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Insatiable curiosity always asking questions and looking for fresh insights
- Ability to understand the client’s business and the sector in which it operates
- A passion for getting to the human insight at the center of it all
- Familiarity with the design, application, and analysis of a range of research techniques
- Ability to contribute to concepting, idea generation, and refinement in a meaningful way
- Ability to judge creative ideas for their distinctiveness and effectiveness
- Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal audiences
- Attention to detail across all that you do
This is a paid 10-week summer internship. Interns may have an opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful internship experience as well as the successful completion of degree requirements. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.