The AKQA Managed Services team delivers cloud platform management and application support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations.
Our Support Engineers are responsible for the overall monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our clients’ application-hosted cloud environments. As a Support Engineer, you will be working with a team to diagnose, problem solve and optimise solutions to drive measurable SLA outcomes for our clients. You will be hands on in implementing scalable, automated solutions that will benefit multiple teams and clients.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Support the overall monitoring, performance, reliability and quality of our clients’ application-hosted cloud environments.
- Work with incident management and project development teams to triage, diagnose and problem-solve customer ecommerce platform and cloud production environment issues.
- Implement automated, repeatable solutions to reduce toil and maintenance effort.
- Share knowledge and create quality documentation.
- Translate technical concepts to communicate easily to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement and application of industry best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Background in a Cloud Support Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer role.
- Proven experience with AWS and CloudFormation, Azure and ARM templates, and/or Azure Devops.
- Experience supporting CI/CD pipelines (Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, GIT)
- Knowledge of automation/scripting languages: Powershell, Python, Bash
- Sound understanding of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, web servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability, etc.
- Good working knowledge of internet backbone technologies: TLS, DNS, TCP/IP, WAF/CDNs, networks and subnetting.
- Practical knowledge of complementary cloud technologies and architectures including databases (MySQL, MSSQL), storage and backup technologies.
- Windows/Linux System Administration experience.
- 2+ years working with cloud platforms AWS or Azure (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS).
- Highly organised and process driven.
- Customer outcomes and service excellence focused.
- Excellent problem solving and production environment diagnosis skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.