Support Operations Manager
The AKQA Managed Services team provides customer experience platform management and cloud environment support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations. There is now an exciting opportunity to join the AKQA Managed Services team and be an integral part in establishing and supporting their core services and solutions.
The Support Operations Manager is responsible for the operation and improvement of the Managed Services Service Desk function and associated activities including all cloud environment and application maintenance and management processes for clients across the APAC region. The Support Operations Manager coordinates incident investigations with the help of the support team and is the escalation point for client and stakeholder communications.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Provide a central point for 24/7 Service Desk and incident management across multiple teams and agencies.
- Evangelise and drive the growth of the Managed Services portfolio, team and technical competencies, with a focus on site reliability, observability and automation.
- Inspire and grow both your direct and the wider AKQA team, coaching and managing them to their maximum potential.
- Help coordinate incident investigations and post-mortems with development teams
- Manage, develop and improve the service desk, incident, and support management processes on technically complex projects
- Categorise and analyse incident trends, and identify opportunities for remediation focus and continuous improvement
- Work with discipline teams to align support and operational services with client needs and business objectives.
- Promote market leading technology operations and effective, quality Managed Services solutions to our clients.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, OpsGenie and JIRA ServiceManagement.
- Strong experience supporting cloud environments (Azure and AWS)
- A working knowledge of ITIL, DevSecOps principles and site reliability practices for Web Apps hosted on public cloud platforms.
- Demonstrable experience supporting CI/CD pipelines and deep understanding of internet backbone technologies.
- Demonstrable experience with business analysis, process engineering as well as systems and infrastructure architecture.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern software engineering principles and practices in the cloud.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the web: protocols, web architectures, infrastructure, web servers, proxies, load balancing, content delivery networks, high availability, zero-downtime environments, automation, Infrastructure as Code scripting etc.
- Experience inspiring and driving a highly skilled team towards success.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply