London, United Kingdom
System Administrator - Windows
As a Windows System Administrator at AKQA, you will be working within the sys-admin team, based in the London office, and will be jointly responsible for the day to day running of the infrastructure across all EMEA offices and for resolving customer related issues escalated from the helpdesk. You will work closely with the Global Engineering team, based out the UK and US, assisting on global infrastructure projects and would be expected the take the lead on some projects. You will be expected to recommend changes and improvements as appropriate to contribute to the continual improvement of all services and systems.
The main focus of this role is to build, monitor and maintain core infrastructure systems, recommend changes and improvements, work with the global team to implement approved changes and to work with the Technology team where required.
• Support the day to day operation of the infrastructure
• Contribute significantly to the on-going improvement of processes and systems within the company
• Maintain and update documentation.
• Monitor the sys-admin escalation queue and respond to tickets in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring that customers receive an excellent service
• Ensure that knowledge is transferred amongst the team as to prevent silos of knowledge from forming
• Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
Skills and Experience
• A detailed understanding and demonstrable experience of administering Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer and Active Directory Services.
• Microsoft Office 365/Exchange administration experience
• Building, configuring and maintaining Skype for Business On-Prem and Online,
• Experience of virtualization technologies, especially VMware (VCP or working towards)
• SCCM experience desirable but not essential
• Experience of back-up software, Commvault would be highly advantageous.
• Networking experience: must have basic network troubleshooting skills and full understanding of each network layer.
• Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure, Google and AWS.
• Powershell and automation skills would also be beneficial
• Exposure to Linux is desirable but not essential
Although not essential the following qualifications are desirable and demonstrate the necessary technical skills for this position:
• MCSE or Microsoft certifications for Exchange, Server and Skype For Business
• Mware Certified Associate (VCA)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.