Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
Talent & Culture Business Partner (HR)
The Talent & Culture Business Partner is part of the Talent & Culture (T&C) team and is responsible for developing our greatest asset – our people – by attracting, supporting and developing talent throughout the business. This role aims to position AKQA as a genuine employer of choice, by fostering a supportive, collaborative and ultimately rewarding environment. You'll be challenged to push boundaries, break from tradition and recommend bold and innovative ways to solve business problems.
The Talent & Culture Business Partner proactively and strategically leads a range of HR related initiatives and activity for the recruitment, retention and development of the talent across departments and ANZ offices. Partnering with managers across all disciplines you’ll provide guidance on employee relation’s issues and opportunities, identify specific development needs, and support succession planning.
At AKQA Sydney, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Assist with general questions regarding policies and procedures, and other areas related to People & HR.
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian employment law. Ensure all activities follow applicable employment-related legislation.
- Recommend and implement procedures to improve quality and efficiency in HR department best practices.
- Advise and coach employees on a range of workplace issues. Monitor discussions to identify trends and call attention to any areas of concern.
- Serve as an influential voice for People strategies and initiatives within AKQA.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to assist with ANZ’s hiring needs.
- Lead and act as an AKQA Wellness Ambassador & Culture Ambassador, driving and setting up key programs.
- Facilitate and execute onboarding experience for new employees, including contracts, inductions, visas and compliance. Monitor program to ensure all activities are carried out effectively.
- Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees and provide reporting to identify trends and areas of concern.
- Work with the Payroll team for monthly payroll processing and checking.
- Facilitate professional development programs and assist with the execution of individual development plans.
- Working with managers to identify external training resources.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional relationship building; garners trust throughout the company.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise workload with strong follow through on assignments and projects.
- Strong oral and written communication; able to communicate effectively within a company’s diverse culture.
- Ability to manage transformation and change within AKQA.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities.
- Versatile and able to work in a high-paced, demanding environment.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.