Auckland – Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand & Wellington – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, New Zealand
Talent & Culture Manager (HR)
The Talent & Culture Manager is part of the Talent & Culture (T&C) team and is responsible for developing our greatest asset – our people – by attracting, supporting and developing talent throughout the company. This role aims to position AKQA as a genuine employer of choice, by fostering a supportive, collaborative and ultimately rewarding environment. You'll be inspired to push boundaries, break from tradition, and recommend bold and innovative ways to improve our employee experience.
The Talent & Culture Manager proactively and strategically leads a range of HR-related initiatives and activity for the attraction, engagement and development of talent across our ANZ studios, with a key focus on New Zealand studios located in Auckland & Wellington. Partnering with senior leaders across wide-ranging creative disciplines you’ll provide leadership on people initiatives opportunities and issues, identify specific development needs, and support succession planning.
At AKQA, you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Serve as an influential voice for T&C strategies and initiatives within AKQA.
- Partner with leaders to provide strategic direction, support, organisational design and manage delivery for all people related initiatives and experiences.
- Advise and coach leaders and employees on a range of workplace practices. Monitor discussions to identify trends and call attention to themes and opportunities for improvement.
- Recommend and implement procedures to improve quality and efficiency in HR department best practices.
- Act as an AKQA Culture & Wellbeing Ambassador, driving and executing key programs.
- Advise performance management processes, including training employees and managers on the appraisal process, coaching managers on delivering feedback, and helping managers create development plans to address performance issues.
- Facilitate professional development programs and assist with the execution of individual development plans.
- Assist with general queries regarding T&C procedures, and other areas related to People & HR.
- Facilitate and execute an exceptional onboarding and offboarding experience for employees, including contracts, inductions, visas and compliance. Monitor program to ensure all activities are carried out effectively.
- Conduct reporting, identifying trends and areas of opportunity to improve the employee experience.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to deliver on NZ’s recruitment needs.
- Monitor monthly payroll changes and checking.
- With a HRIS implementation in 2023/24, lead the adoption and utilisation of the tool to enable efficiencies of people processes across the company.
- Assist the T&C Director with other duties and projects, including recruiting and employee retention efforts. Plan and oversee the implementation of new initiatives, tools, policies and processes.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and build trust with leadership teams and key stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and ability to provide HR advice in a commercially sensitive and appropriate way.
- Demonstrated understanding of NZ employment law. Strong employee relations knowledge with practical experience of managing complex cases to resolution.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise workload with strong follow through on assignments and projects.
- Exceptional communicator; able to communicate effectively within the company’s diverse culture.
- Ability to manage transformation and change within AKQA.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and priorities.
- Versatile and able to succeed in a high-paced, broad and creative environment.
- Line management and mentoring experience is desirable.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.