New York, United States
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Technology Director is responsible for driving and developing technology strategy and execution across key clients that delivers on business goals. They collaborate closely with project leads, the client and any third-party vendors and partners, and are responsible for representing technology through all phases of a project from discovery to deployment. Technology Director’s are required to have detailed understanding of Full Stack development across a number of technologies and platforms.
The city that never sleeps provides us with constant inspiration. We harness this in the heart of Union Square, where old meets new.
Our New York studio offers teams the opportunity to produce innovative work that moves world-class companies, and their communities forward. All disciplines collaborate to find the best solution while delivering each aspect to the highest standard. From products and services to imaginative storytelling, our shared vision is to create experiences that drive progress and results. We are fortunate to partner with forward-thinking clients, including Verizon, IBM, Mayo Clinic, HSS, Volvo, and Campari.
We empower our teams and clients to make what’s next, while working towards the ultimate acknowledgement, “Only in New York!”
- Responsible for key client engagements and managing technology on those engagements
- Manage direct team across owned business, as well as growing and finding talent
- Responsible for technology strategy and architecture recommendations for large scale revenue and traffic generating websites
- Ensuring that correct technology processes are employed and followed accordingly (e.g. release and QA planning, issues management, load/performance testing deployment planning) are followed by the project team
- Oversee technical decisions on owned lines of business
- Provide accurate work estimates and make resource requests and allocations based on project requirements and budgeted scope
- Serve as the primary technical contact for third-party vendors, identify and document integration points with third party solutions to manage risk accordingly
- Manage and engage in regular check-ins and follow-up with project developers and provide guidance and information related to the project in a timely fashion
- Conduct regular meetings to review project risks, issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans where required
- Prepare and deliver proposals and presentations to all levels of a client’s organization in addition to regular project documentation such as schedules, status reports and technical documentation
- Review contract and vendor documentation and experience writing and crafting proposal and support-level agreements
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge sharing effort
- Participate in new business opportunities as required, develop proposals and scopes of work as required
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8+ years developing and leading large-scale technology engagement and at least 4+ years doing so in an agency environment
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as .NET, Java and PHP, SQL, Ruby-on-Rails, etc. and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations and enterprise design patterns
- Knowledge of multiple CMS platforms, such as SiteCore, AEM and Oracle UCM.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies
- Experience managing technology teams
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess feasibility
- Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Experience building applications and websites for large multinational brands
- Proven ability to manage large scale technology projects successfully
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply