Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA is looking for a Technical Architect with a strong dedication to recent and upcoming technologies. You will have the drive to design and develop custom solutions based on varied client needs. As a member of the AKQA Technology team you must be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions focused on product and service development. You will contribute to AKQA’s founding values – Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought and will become a part of our on-going success.
You must have proven experience working with a team of highly skilled people; all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You must be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues and clients while identifying and incorporating ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
Based in Midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients. Our culture celebrates diversity, hard work and fun. We are passionate about our craft, working together to create a better future, and ensuring we have an unfair share of the best talent in Atlanta.
- Computer Science degree and/or 8+ years experience developing Internet based computer systems
- Detailed knowledge of Software Development lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile across multifunctional teams
- Strong evidence of ability to guide technical decision making to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience implementing Micro-Services application layer and distributed applications
- 4+ years experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- 4+ years experience documenting technical architectures
- Strong understanding of delivering mobile application for Google Play and AppStore
- Mid to senior level knowledge of mobile application development technologies including: Swift, Kotilin, ObjectiveC, Xamarin, React Native, Ionic and PWA
- Junior to Mid level knowledge of web application development technologies including: MVC, HTML5, Node, modern web framework (example React or Vue)
- 4+ years J2EE/.Net application development with thorough understanding of platform specific design patterns
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong understanding of server-side design considerations specific to dynamic data loading during presentation
- Able to express technical solutions through technical diagramming via UML including but not limited to: Use Case, Component, Sequence and Object Diagrams
- Proven ability to articulate and read requirements through Use Cases
- Strong experience and ability auditing existing client systems and formulating artifact representation of key learnings
- Experience architecting large public-facing website or applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, designers and development teams
- Agency or Consultancy experience
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply