Technical Delivery Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design innovative brand campaigns, adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Technical Delivery Manager role is responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. Working closely with Project Management, Creative and UX, whilst running a Project Development Team, the Technical Delivery Manager has overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of their projects.
Based in our Paris studio, but frequently collaborating with our global Studio's, you will enjoy working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively whilst also taking on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, view them as opportunities and constantly look to improve client deliverables. You will work in a progressive environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
As a Technical Delivery Manager at AKQA, you will be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative solutions.
While there is a lot of cross-over in this role with other disciplines such as Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Ownership; primarily we are looking for a Technologist first with these additional skills.
- Work with creative, UX, UI and Strategy team to provide the best answer to client brief
- Develop technical response in pitch
- Be the #1 technical contact and partner for our clients
- Provide technical solution in line with our client problems
- Help scope a project with Project team
- Delivers high quality technical projects on time and to budget.
- Act as Agile Scrum Master and Manages team of developers during sprints of development
- Define Technical Architecture in collaboration with the Technology Team
- Create backlog of features for a product
- Research and assess the best solution on the MarTech landscape to answer client need
- Manages team across multiple offices
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to understand the technical complexities of multi-tiered web solutions and systems integration, their underlying technologies and the latest technical tools.
- Strive to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments, successfully applying
- Ability to gather requirements and break them down into the technical tasks required to complete a project phase.
- Ability to plan delivery in iterative sprints, inclusive of quality assurance sign-off in a platform-agnostic environment.
- Ability to recognise which Agile methodologies suit the needs of the client and projects, and be able to adapt and formulate Hybrid approaches.
- Ability to recognise risk and plan to mitigate.
- Able to decide the resource profile required for a project and to provide top-down and bottom-up estimates against a scope.
- Must be from an engineering or development background.
- A continuous-improvement approach to management.
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection.
- A practically-minded thought leader whose first priority is delivering excellent work.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Be able to talk for Technology to non-technical audiences (clients, stakeholders and team members).
- Champion continuous improvement and best-in-class software development processes.
- Contribute to the ideation process and be proactive in proposing technical solutions to needs that other disciplines may not be aware of.
- Have Technical knowledge of (mastery not required):
- Cloud hosting providers such as AWS, Azure OR serverless platform such ass Netlify
- RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Headless CMS
- SaaS products integration
- Jira, Confluence
- Understanding of Automation and Quality assurance practices
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply