Technical Delivery Manager
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful and innovative brand campaigns, products and digital services for our clients.
As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will coordinate a team of developers and engineers on a project basis to design, develop, deploy and maintain high-quality technical solutions and products using the latest tools and technologies. You inspire your clients and teams and have a passion for innovative ways of creating technical solutions.
You will work closely with Project Management and Client Service teams and lead the project from a technical perspective. You have the overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of your projects and to choose the right tools and methodologies.
While there is a lot of cross-over in this role with other disciplines such as Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Owner, we are primarily looking for a Technologist with a background in Web Development / Software Engineering.
Located in Berlin, you will join a collaborative, highly skilled team of various backgrounds that promotes sharing ideas and solving problems in new ways. You will partner with multiple professional figures and be exposed to opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
- Collaborate with the Creative, Experience and Strategy team to provide the best solution for our clients to reach their goals.
- Be the #1 technical contact and partner for our clients and your teams.
- Support to scope and frame projects, gather requirements and break them down into the technical tasks required.
- Research and assess the best solution on the market landscape to support our clients best.
- Define technical architecture, third-party software and tech stack in collaboration with the Technology Team.
- Manage and coach agile development teams across multiple offices.
- Review standard of work and quality of deliverables relentlessly.
- Stay abreast of technical developments, best practices and innovations - successfully applying them to work practices.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Previous experience working as Web Developer or Software Engineer.
- Experience managing the development and delivery of commercial websites, products and system integrations.
- Technical understanding of cloud hosting providers, CI/CD, APIs, web frameworks, (headless) CMS, SaaS product integration, QA practices.
- Ability to decide the resource profile required for a project, recognise risk and plan to mitigate.
- Experience managing or leading a team.
- Experience working in an agency and/or creative and/or technical consultancy environment is advantageous.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply