The AKQA Technology team continually push boundaries with their enablement of brand experiences. Combining a technology agnostic approach and a philosophy of continuous improvement, they craft innovative and high quality solutions which play a vital role in the digital eco-systems of our world-class clients.
As pioneer, you will apply the latest technology in an imaginative way while embedding rigorous process to ensure consistently effective delivery. The Head of Technology will champion continual modernisation of process and technology capability, engaging near-shore and offshore partners. You will help us to build a world-renowned in-house technology team with the passion and expertise to provide excellent value and service to AKQA clients. . You will play an important part in developing new business opportunities and will constantly look to improve client’s deliverables.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Develop and maintain strong, strategic relationships with client stakeholders and partners by delivering innovative and pioneering solutions.
- Inspire, lead and guide our clients to make the best decisions vis-à-vis their technology stack.
- Lead and inspire team of technologists, providing them with the vision and strategy to skill up on the latest tools, techniques, platforms and languages relevant for our clients.
- Lead them to push for and deliver excellent work for our clients.
- Inspire them to look beyond the current skillset and investigate and learn new relevant skills.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, articulating clearly technical requirements to a non-tech audience, and participate in pitches representing AKQA Technology.
- Deliver great work under time constraints with an agile mindset.
- Drive technology thought leadership with our clients and teams.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
- Ideally, software engineering/technical architect background with knowledge of AI/ML implementations.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based scalable architectures (micro service, serverless) and/or IOT solutions and/or headless API first architectures and/or digital transformation.
- Have a strong understanding of modern web development best practices along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design.
- Creatively driven to pair with Creative Director to articulate solutions for our clients and to integrate Technology team with Design/UX to work seamlessly in an agile environment.
- Build excellent client relationships and maintain and grow partnerships.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts to client partners and internal teams.
- Leading a team that is motivated and engaged.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.