Atlanta, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products, and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Technical Director, focused on Marketing Technologies (MarTech) will need to be able to strategize, design, deliver, and partner with engineering teams to deploy a new global app as their foundational mobile experience. The mobile application reimagine will run in parallel to multiple consumer and customer tested innovative mobile concepts (example Custom Shopify Admin Plugin). The mobile application must be modern and adaptive to then extend to other mobile channels in future including mini-programs, smartwatch, smart glass, conversational experiences, and other business services/product offerings.
Based in the center of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
- Candidate will be responsible for crafting and articulating system design recommendations for a global application which will integration with clients existing enterprise systems, including: CMS, CRM, and Identity Management applications
- Candidate will partner with client technologist to audit existing systems and generate detailed readout of client systems and capabilities
- Candidate must be able to distill and articulate clients technical capabilities and maturity to all project stakeholders for the purpose of guiding cross-disciplinary team deliverables
- Candidate will be responsible for identifying technical business, system, and functional requirements and partner with product management discipline to document and articulate identified requirements
- Role will partner with UX/Creative to envision features based on the client’s currently technology ecosystem
- Role will provide strategic direction on technology opportunities and direction on how to integrate solutions into existing technology and business ecosystems
- An ability to develop and maintain steady, strategic relationships with client stakeholders, and partners
- A strong understanding of modern web and mobile development best practices and how to integration compelling user experience and visual design
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts to client partners and internal teams; ideal candidates will be comfortable working with business and IT stakeholders to challenge the norm and motivate productive discourse
- Advanced ability to analyze business requirements quickly to determine and assess the feasibility
- Must have an excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management, etc.)
- 8+ years developing and leading medium to large scale technology engagement
- Practical knowledge of programming languages such as .NET, Java and PHP, SQL, Ruby-on-Rails, etc. and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies
- Knowledge of object-oriented design concepts, various frameworks, data storage implementations, and enterprise design patterns
- Knowledge of multiple CMS platforms, such as Sitecore, Sitefinity, AEM, Oracle UCM, Contentful, Drupal or ContentStack
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing and developing application using Adobe marketing stack including Experience Manager, Adobe Target, Experience Cloud, Commerce, etc.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and a keen interest in following emerging technologies
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Provide technical leadership to client accounts through oversight of all technical operations within the account: maintain a technical and commercial understanding of our client’s business, contribute to the account’s strategic direction, and identify opportunities that promote organic business development
- Lead multiple technologists, including technical leads, in the delivery of premium digital products and services to a standard of excellence
- Serve our clients in a consultative manner through the generation of technical assessments, development of solutions architecture, or recommendation of process improvements
- Highlight technology-enabled ideas and identify ways to achieve a project’s conceptual vision in a pragmatic and effective manner.
- Identify technology shifts that affect projects, program initiatives, or relationships
- Contribute to the architectural vision of the technology department, balancing executional consistency with our insatiable desire to explore new development approaches, tools, and frameworks
- Manage 2+ members of the Technology department, evaluate their performance, maximize job satisfaction, and support career development by identifying and tracking SMART goals
- Conduct regular meetings to review project risks, issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans where required
- Define and document best practices and contribute to company knowledge-sharing effort
- Participate in new business opportunities as required, develop proposals and scopes of work as required
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or particular need that requires accommodation, please let us know.