At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering immersive experiences for our clients.
The AKQA Technology team continually pushes boundaries with their enablement of brand experiences. Combining a technology agnostic approach and a philosophy of continuous improvement, they craft innovative and high quality solutions which play a vital role in the digital ecosystems of our world-class clients.
As Technical Director, you will apply the latest technology in an imaginative way while embedding rigorous processes to ensure consistently effective delivery. The Technical Director will champion continual modernisation of process and technology capability, engaging near-shore and offshore partners and development teams. You will help us to build a world-renowned in-house technology team with the passion and expertise to provide excellent value and service to AKQA clients. You will play an important part in developing new business opportunities and will constantly look to improve client’s deliverables.
Located in Dubai studio, UAE, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership and you’ll be liaising with bright minds across the MENA region and other global studios.
- Develop and maintain strong, strategic relationships with client stakeholders and partners by delivering innovative and pioneering solutions.
- Inspire, lead and guide our clients to make the best decisions in regard to their technology stacks.
- Build, manage, inspire and coach a team of technologists, providing them with the vision and strategy to skill up on the latest tools, techniques, platforms and languages relevant for our clients.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, providing technology vision in support of business goals.
- Clear articulation of technical concepts and ideation to a non-technical audience, throughout pitches, client communications and any cross-department representations.
- Deliver outstanding work under time constraints with an agile mindset.
- Ensure highest standards of quality are represented in the work produced using best industry practices.
- Drive technology thought leadership with our clients and teams.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Past hands-on experience in the development of web, mobile or software engineering.
- 7+ years experience of leading a development team or technical department.
- Experience in delivering cloud-based scalable architectures (micro services, serverless) and/or IOT solutions and/or headless API first architectures and/or digital transformation), and an opinion on each.
- Clear understanding of the principles and approaches undertaken in software development, with proven experience of solution design.
- Have a strong understanding of modern web development best practices along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design.
- Possess an understanding of the key capabilities of leading vendor products in the domains of content management, ecommerce, search, martech and data science.
- Creatively driven to articulate solutions for our clients.
- Integrate the Technology team with Creative teams, working seamlessly in an agile cross functional environment.
- Track record of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts to client partners and internal teams.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply