Atlanta, United States
Technical Director, Mobile
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The Technical Director, Mobile will need to be able to strategize, design, deliver, and partner with engineering teams to deploy a new global app as their foundational mobile experience. The mobile application reimagine will run in parallel to multiple consumer and customer tested innovative mobile concepts (example Custom Shopify Admin Plugin). The mobile application must be modern and adaptive to then extend to other mobile channels in future including mini-programs, smartwatch, smart glass, conversational experiences and other business services/product offerings.
Based in the center of midtown, our Atlanta studio is as vibrant as its location. With a core focus on digital products and services, we are visionaries and makers, combining strategy, creative and technology to deliver best-in-class customer experiences for our clients.
Please note: Remote work is possible but need to be able to work Eastern time work hours.
- Candidate will be responsible for crafting and articulating system design for a global mobile application which will integration with clients existing enterprise systems, including: CMS and Identity Management
- Role will partner with the clients internal development leads to generate detailed architecture documents
- Candidate will partner with Technical Director to audit existing systems and generate detailed readout of client systems
- Candidate must be able to distill and articulate clients technical capabilities and maturity to all project stakeholders for the purpose of guiding cross disciplinary team deliverables
- Role will work with UX/Creative leads to envision short term features based on type of CMS client currently has implemented
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Computer Science degree and/or 8+ years’ experience developing Internet based computer systems
- Detailed knowledge of Software Development lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile across multifunctional teams
- Strong evidence of ability to guide technical decision making to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- 4+ years’ experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- 4+ years’ experience documenting technical architectures
- Experience implementing Event-Driven, Micro-Services and nano-services application layer and distributed applications
- Strong understanding of delivering mobile application for Google Play and AppStore
- Senior to expert level knowledge of mobile application development technologies, for example: Swift, Kotilin, ObjectiveC, Xamarin, React Native, Ionic and PWA
- Junior to Mid-level knowledge of web application development technologies including: MVC, HTML5, Node, modern web framework (example React or Vue)
- 4+ years J2EE/.Net application development with thorough understanding of platform specific design patterns
- Strong understanding of server-side design considerations specific to dynamic data loading during presentation
- Able to express technical solutions through technical diagramming via UML including but not limited to: Use Case, Component, Sequence and Object Diagrams
- Proven ability to articulate and read requirements through Use Cases
- Strong experience and ability auditing existing client systems and formulating artifact representation of key learnings
- Experience architecting large public-facing website or applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, designers and development teams
- Nice to Have
- 2+ years of recent experience with native mobile application development technologies, ideally Swift or Kotilin
- Recent architecture experience design systems for mobile applications
- Agency or Consultancy experience
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply