New York, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Technical Leads at AKQA lead technical strategy, development, execution and innovation across specific engagements. They work in close collaboration with Creative, Production, Strategy, Account Services and Business Development disciplines to bring innovative solutions to life.They have a strong understanding of complex technical systems while also having a solid understanding of creative executions and ideation. Interfacing with mid-level clients, specifically translating and explaining technical topics is no challenge to them.
- Evaluate client briefs and work Creative and Strategy on pitches and proposals that meet consumer and client expectations but also account for technical constraints.
- Work with production to oversee day to day development efforts of technical vendors and internal developers, ensuring quality and stability of builds, and to establish best practices and procedures.
- Oversee more junior technical resources
- Develop key architectures and solutions for clients
- Work with vendors to help technical architectures that meet both the project needs and operate within the restrictions of a client’s technical requirements.
- Act as a technical liaison with clients and client IT organizations helping them craft technical strategies and frameworks
- Help with ongoing management and maintenance of technical systems and sites.
- Be seen as a thought leader in the space of Creative technology across the agency by keeping an active pulse on emerging technologies and evangelizing technology inside the agency.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience in technical management and technical execution of large digital applications across multiple frameworks and platforms.
- Experience with multiple project types including Web, Mobile, and Retail.
- History of working and leading interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with key programing stacks such as .Net, Java, PHP and NodeJS
- Experience with front-end frameworks (React, Vue, etc.)
- System architecture experience including Cloud infrastructures, message queuing, basics system administration.
- Strong front-end knowledge and experience (HTML, CSS,JS), especially in the field of mobile support and front-end best practices and workflows.
- History which demonstrates mature creative leadership.
- Strong client communication skills
- Knowledge of Sitecore, AEM, and/or other CMS platforms a plus
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.