Melbourne – Wurundjeri Country, Australia
Technical Lead, DevOps
The AKQA Managed Services team provides customer experience platform management and cloud environment support solutions, DevOps engineering, and consulting services that support our clients' ecommerce platforms and associated business operations. There is now an exciting opportunity to join the AKQA Managed Services team and be an integral part in establishing and supporting their core services and solutions.
The Technical Lead, DevOps is responsible for the design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance and support of modern DevOps pipelines for both internal and external clients and their public cloud environments, primarily Azure and AWS and GCP. You will contribute to a wider team responsible for the engineering, automation, release coordination and testing automation of scalable, cloud based digital experiences for some of Australia’s most visited websites and secure portals.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Lead a mid-sized team of DevOps Engineers developing their skills and imparting best practice, while managing their workloads (via a Work Co-Ordinator) including their technical, performance and annual reviews.
- Design and implement DevOps, Cloud Environment and Platform Observability changes across all phases of the SDLC.
- Implement designed changes in the deployment pipelines across multiple environments.
- Provide support during operations such as deployments and general production testing.
- Provide technical support and manage tasks from multiple agile delivery teams.
- Support the Delivery team with processes, frameworks, and toolsets that champion automated infrastructure.
- Support the QA team with processes, frameworks, and toolsets that champion automated testing.
- Perform root cause analysis for environment and pipeline issues.
- Identify and perform analysis to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Contribute to client planning sessions and the coordination of infrastructure and environment updates.
- Definition of best practice DevOps standards.
- Collaborate with clients and developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to defined standards.
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships with key people across clients, partners and staff.
- Champions a vibrant and diverse engineering culture through internal presentations and knowledge transfer.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and production diagnostic skills.
- A highly motivated and collaborative approach to your work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Team leadership experience.
- Client-focused attitude.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.Apply