Technical Lead (Sitecore Commerce)
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a Technical Lead with extensive Sitecore experience, you will guide the implementation of high-quality digital platforms based on the .NET / Microsoft umbrella of technologies. You will manage a team of software developers, ensuring all deliverables meet or exceed project goals. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will have the opportunity to research, plan and build technology solutions that enable our world-class clients to succeed.
Located in Melbourne, as part of AKQA, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Technical delivery across the entire SDLC.
- Champion the .Net & Sitecore product suites within the organization.
- Bring up new services and features from scratch, all stages from architecture through deployment.
- Lead, own, operate, and maintain your team’s services and feature sets in production.
- Collaborate across a range of teams including designers, architects, producers, BA’s and project managers to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features and services.
- Contribute to the future technical direction of your team’s services & feature sets.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software engineering processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Expertise in developing highly maintainable Sitecore platforms across Commerce, SXA and XConnect.
- Expertise in software engineering including ASP.NET, MVC, Sitecore, Commerce Server, Selenium, JMeter, Nuget, EF, enterprise search frameworks, Powershell, OOP, Backbone, Angular, SMACSS and SASS.
- Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, architecture, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing, high availability and databases, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern patterns and practices: unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC and continuous integration, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud and On Premise hosting topologies such as Azure and AWS.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies.
- Excellent dev-ops skills and experience, enabling you to architect market-leading solutions.
- Demonstrable experience leading teams to success.
- Entrepreneurial, analytic and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work together seamlessly.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.