Milan, Italy & Venice, Italy
Technology professionals at AKQA bring a software engineering mindset to the heart of a creative business. Technical Leaders coordinate a team of Web Developers and Software Engineers on a project basis to deliver high-quality technical solutions and products.
As a Technical Leader, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and maintenance of innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. You will work closely with Project Management and Client Service teams and have the overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of each project. You lead the project and the internal team from a technical perspective and choose the right tools to guarantee the best development process and high quality of the software.
While there is a lot of cross-over in this role with other disciplines such as Project Manager, Scrum Master and Product Ownership; primarily we are looking for a Technologist first with these additional skills.
Located in Venice, you will join a collaborative, supportive environment that promotes sharing ideas and solving problems in new ways. You will partner with multiple professional figures and be exposed to opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
- Work with creative, UX, UI and Strategy team to provide the best answer to client brief
- Develop technical response in pitch
- Be the #1 technical contact and partner for our clients
- You have experience in partnering with internal and external stakeholders to deliver cutting-edge and high-performing solutions that meet clients’ goals and needs.
- Help scope a project with Project team
- Delivers high quality technical projects on time and to budget.
- Act as Agile Scrum Master and Manages team of developers during sprints of development
- Define Technical Architecture in collaboration with the Technology Team
- You are committed and experienced in the design of clear and maintainable APIs;
- Create backlog of features for a product
- Research and assess the best solution on the market landscape to answer client need
- Manages team across multiple offices
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to understand the technical complexities of multi-tiered web solutions and systems integration, their underlying technologies and the latest technical tools.
- Strive to learn new skills and stay abreast of technical developments, successfully applying
- Ability to gather requirements and break them down into the technical tasks required to complete a project phase.
- Ability to plan delivery in iterative sprints, inclusive of quality assurance sign-off in a platform-agnostic environment.
- Ability to recognise which Agile methodologies suit the needs of the client and projects, and be able to adapt and formulate Hybrid approaches.
- Ability to recognise risk and plan to mitigate.
- Able to decide the resource profile required for a project and to provide top-down and bottom-up estimates against a scope.
- Must be from an engineering or development background.
- A continuous-improvement approach to management.
- Acute attention to detail and drive for perfection.
- A practically-minded thought leader whose first priority is delivering excellent work.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security.
- Analytical and positive mindset with a personable and professional approach.
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Be able to talk for Technology to non-technical audiences (clients, stakeholders and team members).
- Champion continuous improvement and best-in-class software development processes.
- Contribute to the ideation process and be proactive in proposing technical solutions to needs that other disciplines may not be aware of.
- Have Technical knowledge of (mastery not required):
- Cloud hosting providers such as AWS, Azure or Serverless platform such as Netlify
- RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Headless CMS
- SaaS products integration
- Jira, Confluence
- Understanding of Automation and Quality assurance practices
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply