Atlanta, United States
Technologists at AKQA are critical thinkers, natural problem solvers, and insatiable consumers of new ideas and information. As a Technology Intern at AKQA, you will tackle client challenges attempting to find ideal solutions to complex problems. You will find ways to add value to any situation and identify ways to make ideas better. You will be a strong communicator and storyteller, both in written and verbal form. And you will be passionate about our mission of creating the future with our clients.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
The Summer Internship Program is a paid program that will run from June through the end of July. In addition to integrating into our client teams, you will work with your internship class to take on a challenging assignment as a team. Throughout the summer together, you will define, structure, and manage this assignment from concept to execution, and have the opportunity to present your ideas to the agency.
Through our internship program, you will be an integrated part of the Technology team and have the opportunity to join multidisciplinary project teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• A passion for technology and its application to solve complex problems
• An understanding of modern web, mobile, and emerging technologies, for example Augmented Reality and Micro-Services
• Desire to tinker and create, guided by the ability to execute and usher projects towards completion
• Ability to independently learn new technologies/tooling and leverage within a fast pace environment
• An appreciation and ability to comprehend user experience and visual design
• Ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and clients
• Ability to convey technical concepts in an approachable manner to non-technical teammates and clients
• Completing Degree in Computer Science or other technology related field, for example System Architecture and Computer Intelligence
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.